Are fuel additives for cars really worth it?
There are a lot of reasons to consider using fuel additives for your car. Most modern engines do not operate at an optimum level for very long and fuel usually contains only the bare minimum amount of useful fuel additives. Together, this may cause a decline in engine performance as well as a decline in fuel economy.
There are many types of fuel additives available with each additive aiming to relieve a different fuel problem and enhance your engine performance. Here are a few of the most common types of fuel additives and what they do.
- Octane boosters – these are designed to increase petrol’s octane rating.
- Fuel stabilizers – help to maintain fuels effectiveness when stored for long periods or when not being used. They prevent engine corrosion in seasonal vehicles and prevent hard starting.
- Fuel injector cleaners – protect fuel injectors from the gumming properties of ethanol. Clogged fuel injectors perform poorly in cold weather and have slow acceleration.
- Anti-gel diesel additives – unclog diesel fuel filters and reduce hard starting in low temperatures.
- Cetane Boosters – these are designed to increase diesel’s cetane number and thus provide better combustion. They help to keep water out of diesel and have corrosion protection from ethanol in petrol and low sulphur in diesel fuels.
Here at Exocet, we supply a wide range of fuel additives to provide differentiated and technically enhanced fuel. Our automotive fuel additives guard against corrosion, keep water out of fuel, increase fuel’s lubricity and improve combustion. We can deliver our fuel additives in various container sizes ranging from 50ml bottles to 1,000 litre IBCs and even in bulk if required.
RUSH 101 increases the octane number of forecourt fuel up to 101 RON making it ideal for professional motorsport teams.
Diesel Supreme upgrades retail diesel to a premium grade fuel and acts as an additive package for unadditised, terminal-sources DERV (basic EN590 diesel).
PowerBoost is a bespoke fuel additive which acts as an ignition quality booster, combustion improver and rapid engine cleanser for diesel engines. Perfect for engines that haven’t run for a few weeks or in the cold weather.
Exocet Bike Boost is a motorcycle fuel additive used to upgrade BS EN 228 unleaded petrol into a premium quality fuel equivalent to the highest forecourt standard available.
Exocet Classic is a petrol fuel additive formulated specifically for cars and other petrol-engined vehicles that were originally designed to run on leaded fuel.
Petrol Supreme is used to upgrade BS EN 228 unleaded petrol into a premium quality fuel equivalent to the highest forecourt standard available.
SmartDrive is a formulated diesel fuel additive incorporating fuel borne catalyst (FBC) technology to
promote the regeneration of diesel particulate filters (DPF).
To view the full range, visit our automotive fuel additives page.
Automotive Fuel Additive Benefits
- Better engine starts (even in cold weather) – quality fuel additives and injector cleaners contain lubricant compounds which fight build up on cylinders, rings and valves.
- Reduces exhaust emissions – removes deposits in the engine’s combustion chamber.
- Improves acceleration – a good fuel additive combined with an injector cleaner solves the problem of incomplete combustion and keeps you in the rush-hour fast lane.
- Saves money on repairs – fuel additives significantly reduce rust and corrosion which wears out engine parts.
- Allows older vehicles to run on modern fuels
If you would like to know more about our automotive fuel additives, get in touch with us today on 01743 761415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to a specialist.