Homes are available with varying sources of heating, with many relying on oil, which can be expensive depending on the market at the time. So, you’ll want to make sure that you make the most out of the oil you have, but how?
Let’s go over the basics to start:
There are two types of domestic heating oil available;
- Kerosene – primarily used for home heating and also known as the 28-second burning oil.
- Gas oil – this one is usually used for commercial and agricultural purposes (although a small number of domestic boilers do still run on this) and is also known as the 35-second oil or red diesel.
Both these heating oils are safe, clean and efficient when used correctly. Kerosene is the most widely used for domestic boilers and can have Premium Heating Oil additive added to it to increase the efficiency further. This does increase the cost slightly but is more economical in the long run as the fuel burns more efficiently and in a more environmentally friendly way.
How do Premium Heating Oil additives help?
Adding this fuel additive to your domestic kerosene reduces the cost of boiler maintenance and repairs, by making fuel burn cleaner by stopping soot build-ups. This is achieved by combating impurities in the traditional fuels that cause damage to boiler systems.
A summary of the advantages of adding Premium Heating Oil additive can have:
- Lowers carbon emissions
- Stabilises fuel – increases its shelf life
- Inhibits sludge formation
- Reduces deposit build up around nozzles and on heat exchanger surfaces
- Reduces service problems
- Improves system efficiency
Using Exocet’s Premium Heating Oil will help your oil tank, copper piping and boiler perform at their most efficient, reduce fuel usage and save you money.