What Do You Know About Heating Oil? And Did You Know That Oil Additives Can Help You Get The Most Out Of Your Fuel?
Advice For Heating Your Home
Heating your home can be costly, especially when relying on domestic oil. However, is is an indispensable part of living making it essential that you know how to get the most out of your heating oil. To help you get more for your money, we have a few tips for getting better quality heating oil.
There are two types of domestic heating oil available;
- Kerosene – primarily used for home heating and also known as the 28-second burning oil.
- Gas oil – this one is usually used for commercial and agricultural purposes (although a small number of domestic boilers do still run on this) and is also known as the 35-second oil or red diesel.
Both of these heating oils are safe, clean and efficient when used correctly. Kerosene is the most widely used for domestic boilers and can have Premium Heating Oil additive added to it to increase the efficiency further. This does increase the cost slightly but is more economical in the long run as the fuel burns more efficiently and in a more environmentally friendly way.
Try these methods to get more out of your heating oil;
- Regular maintenance – keeping your heating system well-maintained can help to improve efficiency and catch potential issues early. This can be done through regular servicing by a professional.
- Insulation – insulating your home is a key method for retaining heat as it prevents the heat from escaping through drafts and air leaks.
- Efficient appliances – Invest in energy-efficient heating appliances to get more heat for less fuel.
How Can We Help?
To upgrade your standard heating oil to a premium grade fuel, you can use our Premium Heating Oil additive.
Adding this fuel additive to your domestic kerosene reduces the cost of boiler maintenance and repairs, by making fuel burn cleaner by stopping soot build-ups. This is achieved by combating impurities in the traditional fuels that cause damage to boiler systems.
- Lowers carbon emissions
- Stabilises fuel – increases its shelf life
- Inhibits sludge formation
- Reduces deposit build up around nozzles and on heat exchanger surfaces
- Reduces service problems
- Improves system efficiency
Using exocet®’s Premium Heating Oil will help your oil tank, copper piping and boiler perform at their most efficient, reduce fuel usage and save you money.