Do You Know Why You Should Be Using Fuel Additives?
Fuel additives for cars is not a new trend. In fact, fuel additives have been used as far back as the Second World War when lead-based anti-knock and valve seat recession additives were used, but fuel additives still have their place today.
There are lots of reasons to consider using fuel additives in your car, from ensuring your car will run throughout any weather to improving the efficiency of the engine. The main reason for the rise in fuel additive usage is that most cars don’t perform efficiently for long and often need help to prevent the erosion of components. Together with good care and the addition of fuel additives you can take care of your car’s engine, whilst improving its life span and fuel efficiency.
Fuel additives can prevent or fix many fuel delivery system problems and are divided into six basic categories:
- Fuel Stabilisers – this is a solution that provides a protective layer for the fuel in a tank, bonding with the fuel to prevent evaporation.
- Fuel-Line Antifreeze – the solution mixes with any water within the fuel to prevent it freezing in cold temperatures, other anti-freezes absorb and transport water within the fuel through the engine to where it can be evaporated into the exhaust steam.
- Octane Boosters – these are designed to increase petrol’s octane rating, as well as to reduce wear on antique and collector car engines equipped with cast-iron valve seats.
- Fuel Injector Cleaners – protect fuel injectors from the gumming properties of ethanol. Clogged fuel injectors perform poorly in cold weather and have slow acceleration.
- Upper Cylinder Lubricants – these are to lubricate valve guides, seats and piston rings, to stop engine valves sticking to their valve guides.
- Anti-Gelling Additives – are added to the fuel tank to liquefy the solidified paraffin wax or “gel” that forms in the fuel and clogs diesel fuel filters during sub-freezing temperatures. Whilst most modern cars use heated fuel lines and filters to resolve this, it does not fix the issue when the car is trying to start when cold.
Engine fuels can be enhanced by using exocet® fuel additives. We supply a wide range of fuel additives to provide solutions to guard against corrosion, keep water out of fuel, increase fuel’s lubricity and improve combustion.
Here are just some of our additives:
This is an internationally recognised fuel soluble biocide that is used to both kill microbial infestations and prevent them from forming.
Provides a premium forecourt diesel or petrol grade to keep the engine clean, improve combustion efficiency and decrease the fuel consumption.
This is Exocet®’s lead replacement fuel additive that provides valve seat recession protection and an octane increase.
Is a specially formulated enhancement fuel additive for motorbikes.
Not only do we offer an extensive selection of fuel additives, but we can deliver our fuel additives in various container sizes that range from 50ml bottles to 1,000 litre IBCs and even in bulk if required.
If you would like to know more about our automotive fuel additives, get in touch with us today on 01743 761415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to a specialist. Find out more about our range of products here