- Exocet’s kerosene lubricity additive forms a protective film on metal surfaces
- It creates a barrier to reduce contact, friction and wear
- It prolongs equipment life
Kerosene Lubricity Additive
Exocet Kerosene Lubricity Additive is typically used when kerosene is used in lieu of gas oil or diesel in stationary equipment. It can also be used in domestic and commercial heating systems in order to protect fuel pumps from excessive wear.
TREATMENT RATIO: 1:5000
- Kerosene lubricity additive is required when kerosene is used instead of gas oil or diesel in stationary engines or burners
- 200ml treats1,000 litres of kerosene
- Cost per treat (PPL - Pence per litre): 1.80
- Low sulphur kerosene does not have the same lubricating properties as additised gas oil or diesel, which often contain suitable ‘lubricity additives’.
- Exocet Kerosene Lubricity Additive compensates for this natural lack of lubricity and ensures wear rates are minimised and equipment life maintained.
- Typical applications are heating systems where fuel pump failures/seizures have been experienced or are predicted; and agricultural grain dryers.