Facilities managers know that the quantity of fuel held in storage either for routine use or as ‘strategic’ stock continues to rise. The general public would be very surprised to learn of the volume of fuel held in reserve and its location, often under or alongside high density, city centre buildings, for example.Read more
Facilities managers are increasingly held responsible not only for operational equipment but also for fuel use and storage, including the safety aspects of holding large volumes of fuel often for long periods. This has become a particular concern of building owners, operators and insurers, with the risks associated with the storage of large quantities of fuel now prominent in their inspections and assessments.
It is imperative that low turnover fuel is held safely and in the best condition possible for durations often measured in years. Also, the fuel is required to fire a generator or heating system, for example, with the expectation of reaching full load in less than 30 seconds. Poor quality fuel will not do this.
exocet® will work with fuel suppliers and facilities managers to ascertain the best additive treatment programme for the applications. This will inevitably involve discussions in respect of fuel storage stability, fuel ageing and ease of combustion.
Diesel Power Restorer is an online fuel system cleaner working within a single tank of fuel
Gas Oil Supreme gives gas oil the cetane number required by modern engines, enhances fuel lubricity and keeps water out of the fuel delivery system – probably the single most significant cause of injector damage. Additionally contains a keep clean dose of deposit control to optimise fuel flow and prevent carbon and other deposits from accumulating
Fuel Store Plus increases the fuel shelf life in long term of low turnover fuel and inhibits microbiological growth
Anti Bug is an internationally recognised fuel soluble biocide to both kill microbial infestations and prevent their formation
Anti Wax bridges the gap between the supply of summer and winter grade fuel and increases the fuel handling capabilities in times of extreme cold weather
Gas Oil Conditioner is a multifunctional product providing the features of many of the above products in a single dose
Fuel Facilities Management Benefits
• Fuel stays fresher for longer
• Reduced likelihood of microbial infection
• Improved ignition quality
• Reduced maintenance cost and downtime
• In-field injector cleaner rapidly restores power and torque to factory settings
• Increased fuel lubricity reduces wear rates in pumps and injectors
• Water separation reduces load on fuel filters and potential damage to injectors
• Improved combustion efficiency gives smoother power delivery, reduces particulate emissions and minimises the load on exhaust after treatment systems
• Deposit control leads to consistent engine performance and overall improved fuel economy
• All year round cold flow improvement
View exocet® products to aid in fuel facilities management below:
Showing all 8 results